Are Career Fair Helpful?
Career fairs are usually helpful as they provide job seekers with important advice such as how to write a CV or how to prepare for an interview.
Job fairs are particularly helpful to people who are unsure about where they want to work. It is a good opportunity to talk with actors from different industries in order to learn more about their experience and career path.
Career fairs allow employers and recruiters to talk face-to-face with potential candidates. Such events connect them with a large number of candidates without having to pay for advertising.
What Questions to Ask at a Career Fair?
Examples of Questions to Ask to a Candidate
- Why are you interested in this position?
- What work experience do you have?
- When can you start working?
- What are your salary expectations?
- Why did you quit your last job?
- Do you like fast-growing environments?
- How do you think your education will help you for this position?
Examples of Questions to Ask to a Company
- What does a typical day look like in your organization?
- Who is the direct report of the position?
- What does the hiring process look like?
- What do you like the most about the company?
- What opportunities of growth are there for this position?
- What does the work schedule look like?
- Do your employees spend time socializing outside of work?
Are There Job Interviews at Career Fairs?
Certain organizations may offer on-the-spot interviews during career fairs, although this practice is uncommon. Such interviews are normally short and aim to get to know the candidates better and to make sure they are legitimately interested in the position before moving further through the recruitment process.
How Do Companies Recruit at Career Fairs?
Companies participating in a career fair should define clear recruitment goals in order to better direct their efforts.
During a job fair, recruiters are typically expected to speak with as many candidates as possible to increase their chance of finding potential employees. Interviews should be kept short, and the hiring team should take notes on each applicant.
Recruiters should inform candidates of the next steps of the recruitment process and contact them rapidly after the job fair if they are interested in their profile.