How to Write a Termination Letter?
A termination letter should minimally include the following information:
- The employee’s name and work position;
- The reasons for the employee dismissal;
- The actions taken prior to termination such as warnings and disciplinary actions;
- The date of the employee’s last day of work;
- Information about compensation and benefits;
- Contact information for the person in charge.
A termination letter should always be written in a professional manner. Casual or informal language should be avoided. Information must be concise, exempt from unnecessary details, and accurate.