Why Is Strategic Human Resource Management Important?
Strategic human resource management provides a closer alignment between the HR practices and the overall business strategy. It allows to better anticipate and respond to customer needs to meet the strategic objectives of the company.
Benefits of strategic HR management include:
- Avoiding costly surprises that interfere with the strategic goals;
- Addressing issues before they cause crises;
- Promoting employee well-being and productivity;
- Providing strategic goals to guide training and development;
- Developing a fit-for-purpose organizational culture.