A staffing plan (or recruitment plan) is a strategy put in place by managers or HR professionals to attract, recruit and retain talent within an organization.
How to Develop a Staffing Plan?
Since every company has its own specific characteristics, there is no such thing as a universal staffing plan. Each organization must tailor its strategy to its needs and objectives. There are, however, a number of tasks that are commonly part of any recruitment campaign, including:
- Assessing the organization’s current and future workforce needs
- Creating a list of positions to be filled and their deadlines
- Detailed job requirements
- Development of a recruitment budget
- Choosing which recruitment platforms to use
- Evaluating potential candidates’ records
- Selecting and interviewing candidates
- Presenting the job offer
- Hiring and onboarding new employees
What Are the Stages of a Staffing Plan?
The steps in a recruitment plan include:
- Analyzing and assessing company needs
- Writing job offers
- Publishing recruitment ads
- Evaluating and selecting candidates
What Tools Are Used for Recruitment?
The tools used by human resources professionals for recruitment include: