Generation Z includes people born in the late 1990s and early 2010s.
When Were Members of Generation Z Born?
Members of Gen Z, sometimes called Zommers, were born between 1996 and 2012. Generation Z birth years may vary from one expert to another.
Generation Z was born after the millennials and before the Alpha generation.
What Are Key Characteristics of Generation Z?
The main characteristics of members of Generation Z include:
- They master the use of social media
- Their purchases shape their identity and style
- They are highly creative
- They are committed
- They attach great importance to their image
- They are competitive
How Do Members of Gen Z Behave at Work?
At work, members of Generation Z do not adhere to the traditional values of the corporate world. They have a strong need for independence, and don’t see the point in putting their heart and soul into a company without their efforts being recognized and adequately compensated.
Generation Z is very ambitious, and one day wants to set up its own business. Zoomers are looking for a work environment where they can have fun and experience new things every day.
The quality of the working relationship with their colleagues and manager is very important. They want to be able to develop their knowledge on the job to further their careers.
They want to work for an employer who offers flexible hours and understands that work is not central to their lives.
What Are the Strengths of Generation Z Employees?
The strengths of Gen Z employees include:
- Mastery of social media and new digital platforms
- Ability to work with change
What Are the Needs of Generation Z Employees?
The needs of Zoomer employees include:
- A competitive work environment
- An employer who puts the mental health of its employees first
- An inclusive work environment
- Opportunities for skills development
- Managers with people-first management practices
What Are Common Skills Among Members of Gen Z?
Common skills of Generation Z members include:
- Social media skills
- Video editing
What Are the Different Generations?
Generations from the last century to the present include:
- Greatest Generation: population born between 1900 and 1930
- Silent Generation: population born between 1930 and 1945
- Baby-boomers: population born between 1945 and 1965
- Generation X: population born between 1965 and 1980
- Generation Y or Millennials: population born between 1980 and 1996
- Generation Z: population born between 1995 and 2012
- Generation Alpha: population born between 2012 and 2025
What Is the Difference Between Generation Z and Generation Alpha?
Experts say that Generation Z was born with digital age, while Generation Alpha was born into the digital age. Members of Generation Alpha were born after 2012, while members of Generation Z were born between 1995 and 2012.
The Alpha generation is still too young to have clear distinct characteristics.