Rightsizing refers to the process of restructuring a company to reach new objectives and become more efficient as an organization.
What Is the Main Goal of Rightsizing?
The main goal of rightsizing is to make a company more efficient and maximize profit.
What Are the Steps of Rightsizing?
The steps of rightsizing include:
- Conducting an in-depth analysis of the company’s structure
- Identifying the key roles and employees in the company
- Determining labor costs according to requirements related to company operations
- Identifying business objectives
- Implementing the rightsizing plan according to the objectives
- Communicating the company strategy to employees
- Adjusting the plan as needed
What Are the Different Methods of Rightsizing?
The different methods of rightsizing include:
- Cost reduction in less profitable departments
- Dismissal of bad-performing employees
- Skills development of senior employees
- Analysis of the company’s financial health
What Are the Advantages of Rightsizing?
The advantages of rightsizing include:
- Increasing the company’s profits
- Adapting more easily to changes in an industry
- Improving internal processes
- Reviewing the recruitment process
- Improving a company’s competitiveness
What Are the Risks Related to Rightsizing?
The risks of rightsizing include:
- Reduced employee morale
- The impact on the employer brand
- The risk of disclosing confidential information
- Legal issues
When Should Rightsizing Be Used?
Rightsizing can be appropriate if a company wishes to reach new objectives or develop the skills of its employees to continue its activity, for example. A particular economic or social context can also encourage some businesses to use rightsizing.
What Is the Difference Between Rightsizing and Downsizing?
Downsizing refers to the process used by a company to reduce costs and maintain profitability. It usually includes significant dismissals within the organization and generally happens in difficult economic circumstances. There is often an element of urgency.
Rightsizing, on the other hand, is used to increase a company’s efficiency and reach new objectives. This process is not only about reducing costs.