What Does an Applicant Tracking System Do?
Applicant tracking systems facilitate recruitment by automating several processes such as job posting and applicant screening to identify the most qualified candidates. They may also generate interview requests automatically and provide collaborative tools.
Applicant tracking systems are commonly adopted to save time through automation, increase the productivity of the hiring team, and streamline the application process to improve the experience of the candidate.
What Are the Benefits of Having an Applicant Tracking System?
Common benefits of having an applicant tracking system include:
- Reducing cost per hire;
- Saving time;
- Providing a better overview of the hiring process;
- Facilitating job posting;
- Improving quality of hire;
- Improving communication between stakeholders;
- Promoting collaborative hiring;
- Improving employer branding;
- Improving interview scheduling.
What Features Do Applicant Tracking Systems Commonly Share?
Common features of applicant tracking systems include:
- Job offers posting;
- Receiving and sorting applications;
- Managing communications with applicants;
- Contributing to the candidate pool of the company;
- Tracking the progression of current candidates through the different steps of the hiring process;
- Scheduling interviews.