When to Give a Written Warning?
A written warning should be given to employees who violate the rules of the company. Based on the gravity of the situation, a written warning can be the fist disciplinary action taken, or can follow other disciplinary actions such as verbal warnings or corrective actions.
How to Write a Written Warning?
Written warnings typically include:
- Reasons of the warning;
- Consequences of the warning;
- Any other disciplinary actions taken previously;
- Potential solutions.
What Are the Different Types of Disciplinary Actions?
Disciplinary actions can take various forms depending on the seriousness, repetition, and impact of the situation. Types of disciplinary actions include:
- Verbal warning;
- Corrective action;
- Written warning;
- Disciplinary meeting with supervisors or HR professionals;
- Performance improvement plan;
- Temporary pay cut;
- Loss of privileges;
- Suspension (definite or indefinite);