How to Create an Employee Work Schedule?
In order to create an efficient employee work schedule, managers should:
- Know the availability of their employees;
- Have an up-to-date list of leave requests;
- Work with a reference schedule;
- Track their labor cost.
How to Create a Work Schedule in Excel?
The steps to create a schedule in Excel are as follows:
- Enter the names of the employees in the vertical X-axis and the days of the week and dates in the horizontal Y-axis;
- Create the work shifts and specify the position for each employee;
- Customize the Excel spreadsheet to improve readability.
How to Create Online Work Schedules?
Common tools to create a work schedule online include:
- Google Agenda;
- Google Sheets;
- Excel and Facebook;
- Excel and Dropbox;
- Any free employee scheduling app.