What Is the Purpose of Sensitivity Training in the Workplace?
Sensitivity training allows people to be more aware of the impact of their actions on others. In the workplace, sensitivity training is a useful tool to manage delicate situations such as disrespectful behaviours that violate the policy of the organization on harassment, discrimination, violence, etc.
At the end of their sensitivity training, trainees should be able to:
- Understand what being respectful means;
- Understand legislation and obligations in the workplace;
- Take responsibility for their actions;
- Recognize that every person has a responsibility to ensure a respectful environment;
- Demonstrate leadership in the workplace.