An onboarding software is a cloud-based or local computer program or application that facilitates the integration of new hires in the organization by simplifying tasks such as completing paperwork, performing background checks, or organizing the arrival of new employees.
How Does Onboarding Software Work?
Onboarding software centralizes essential information regarding the integration of new hires. It streamlines the onboarding process by automating tasks such as lists of the paperwork that needs to be filled out or the presentation of the corporate culture. It also helps plan and keep track of the training program.
Onboarding software can be used by companies of all sizes.
What Are the Benefits of Using an Onboarding Software?
Common benefits of using an onboarding software include:
- Nurturing a stronger employee experience;
- Improving employee engagement;
- Improving employee retention;
- Attracting better talent;
- Building a stronger employer brand;
- Improving productivity;
- Centralizing and simplifying paperwork;
- Providing insightful data;
- Saving time and money.
How to Choose an Onboarding Software?
In order to choose the right onboarding software, the needs of the company must first be established. Different software should then be compared based on a list of essential features and characteristics.
Onboarding software typically offer:
- A mobile-friendly version of the software;
- An anonymous feedback platform;
- Integrations with complementary systems;
- Unlimited online access;
- A professional messaging tool;
- Automated reports with customizable goals.