How to Manage Employee Offboarding?
The employee offboarding process may differ greatly depending on the job position, context, or reasons for the departure. However, most offboarding checklists include:
- Delegating the responsibilities of the employee;
- Managing user access rights and passwords;
- Turning in the equipment;
- Updating the organizational chart;
- Conducting the exit interview or gathering feedback;
- Updating the HR system (updating the employee information, managing paychecks, signing a non-compete agreement, etc.)
- Thanking the employee for their work.