A boomerang employee is someone who returns to work for a former employer after having held another job elsewhere.
What Are the Benefits of Hiring a Boomerang Employee?
Benefits of hiring a boomerang employee include:
- There is less risk that the employee will not like the company.
- The boomerang employee integrates more easily.
- They know the culture of the company.
- They will need less training.
- They have new skills thanks to the experience acquired elsewhere.
- They will be more engaged and motivated.
What Are the Disadvantages of Hiring a Boomerang Employee?
Disadvantages of hiring a boomerang employee include:
- Old conflicts can flare up again.
- Boomerang employees can be resistant to change.
- Jealousy can set in if the boomerang employee returns with better pay and working conditions than their colleagues.
What Are Some Examples of Questions to Ask a Boomerang Employee During their Job Interview?
Examples of questions to ask a boomerang employee during their job interview include:
- What is your greatest professional achievement since leaving the company?
- How have you developed your knowledge since you left?
- Why do you want to leave your current employer?
- What motivates you to come back to work for us?
- What are your salary expectations?
- How do you see your career in the next few years?