How to Write a Work Accident Report?
A work accident report must include all information that will help better understand what happened.
A complete accident report typically includes the following information:
- Identification of the reportee;
- Type of accident;
- Date and time;
- List of people directly involved and witnesses;
- Detailed description of the accident;
- Potential causes of the accident;
- Photos or any other relevant documents;
- Corrective actions;
- Signature of every person involved (employees, witnesses, clients, supervisors, etc.).
What Is the Difference Between an Accident and an Incident?
An incident is an unexpected event that does not cause damages, injuries, or illnesses, but could recur and have negative consequences.
An accident is an unexpected event that causes damages, injuries, or illnesses.
Why Fill Out Accident Report Forms?
Filling out an accident report form is important in order to clearly understand the causes of a given accident so as to prevent similar accidents in the future. Without such reports, taking corrective actions and monitoring the situation becomes more difficult.
When to Fill Out Accident Report Forms?
Accident report forms must be filled out quickly after an accident to capture as much detail and evidence as possible, ideally no more than 24 hours after the event.