Employee appreciation is the act of recognizing the contributions made by employees to the workplace in an official capacity.
Why Is Employee Appreciation Important?
According to experts, employees work harder when their efforts are recognized.
Employee appreciation is known to drive employee engagement, boost employee productivity, and improve employee retention. As a side-effect, it also enhances customer satisfaction and promotes a positive company culture. Employee recognition allows companies to align their values to the needs of their workforce.
What Are Examples of Employee Appreciation Gifts?
Examples of employee appreciation gifts include:
- Gourmet sweets
- Branded clothing
- Fun desk items
- Local products
- Spa gift card
- Small plants
- Bottle of wine
- Board games
- Artisanal candles
- Eco-friendly products
- Water bottle or coffee mug
When Is Employee Appreciation Day?
Employee appreciation day is celebrated on the first Friday of March in the United States.
What Are Examples of Employee Appreciation Messages?
To show appreciation to their employees, managers can use various messages such as:
- I was really impressed by your performance. Thank you for your work.
- Lately, you have been taking more responsibility in the project. Thank you for your hard work.
- Thank you for being such a reliable employee. I know I can always count on you when I need help.
- Your creativity is impressive.
- Your dedication is an example to everyone in the team.
- You are an essential team member. Thank you for your great work.
- You always complete your work on time. I really appreciate it. Thank you.
- Thank you for your input on the project. It really helped.
- Your attitude at work is always appreciated.
- Congratulations on your promotion. You totally deserve it.
- I really enjoy working with you. You bring a positive vibe.